Download latest RSS Menu extension for Safari 6+.
Note: This extension is not associated with RSS Menu from e dot studios, or any similarly-named application.
What Does It Do?
- Adds a menu button to your Safari toolbar that lists available RSS, Atom and RDF feeds
- Can open discovered feeds in most Mac newsreader apps (Vienna, NetNewsWire etc.), or preview directly in Safari
- Toolbar button badge shows number of discovered feeds on current page
- New: Add option to auto-select feed URL when banner or preview page is displayed. You can then instantly copy it to your clipboard using Cmd-C or Edit>Copy.
- New: Popup banner can now be closed by pressing Escape key.
Can’t open feeds directly in RSSOwl. This appears to be a bug in RSSOwl itself, which doesn’t register itself as a feed: URI handler on OS X as it ought to.
In Safari v8 and newer, when you try to open a feed in your RSS application, you will see an alert message asking if you want to add the feed to your Shared Links:
Click Cancel to continue opening the feed in your RSS application.
The extra feeds (Favorites and Recent Subscriptions) that were available in the extension menu when visiting YouTube user profile pages are no longer available. YouTube have deprecated the v2 API the provided these feeds, and there is no equivalent in v3.